Donnelley Civil is a family-owned company with a proud history, successfully operating in the Illawarra region for over 60 years. We provide industry-leading civil contracting and industrial services, with a focus on delivering the best results possible for our customers. Plant hire continues to be delivered with 24/7 support through our new venture, Donnelley Hire.
With the experience and knowledge of our dedicated team, we build partnerships that provide quality solutions, helping our customers deliver their projects safely, on time and within budget.
Our Leading hands are a ‘hands on’ part of the civil team. The role requires the ability to motivate and lead others by example.
In this role you will be required to:
- Complete HSEQ documents on-site
- Assist in toolbox meetings and daily pre-starts
- Ensure work is done safely and to specifications
- Identify and report any HSEQ issues on site
- Organise daily site activities in line with project schedules
- Supervise and instruct small teams
- Organise and move machines and resources under the direction of the Senior Supervisor
- Liaise with the Senior Supervisor and support staff if job requirements change, to ensure agreed work can still be delivered
- Liaise with subcontractors.
To be considered, you’ll be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role within the Civil Construction industry
- Concreting experience
- Comfort with technology – email, MS Word, MS XL, online timekeeping
- Time management and the ability to meet deadlines
- Organisational skills
- Understanding of and commitment to industry WHS requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Tolerance for changing job requirements and work environments and the ability to keep your cool when things do change – it’s the nature of the industry
- Solid verbal communication
- The ability to read plans and project schedules.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical including a drug and alcohol screen.
Donnelley Civil is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are encouraged from women and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage.
Apply via Seek